Family pictures

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Here I sit.

Here I sit in  a jury assembly room waiting for who knows what. My original reporting date was 3/23 and I was able to get it postponed until this week 4/13. It complicated how long we could be out of town for spring break. If I had known that I wouldn't be called in to serve until today at 12:30pm we could have goofed off more in Brian Head or at Franks's house in Henderson. I used to never report but then the government started issuing fines for no shows. Anyway, here I am waiting. At least they have wi-fi here. Cool. Here's another beef I have with jury service. The government pays you $15 per day for your service. If I was a gov't employee I would be paid my normal salary whether I'm there doing my job or here on a jury. I think that either each juror should be paid an equal amount regardless of employment status. No more jury pay for anyone. Nor should anyone else. Make it a true act of  civil service. Equal pay for equal work.  The current system favors juries to be filled by public employees which to me seems slanted in the liberal direction. Ok so now the jury guy just came in and said that he's not going to do orientation until there are at least 60 of us. There are 23 right now and I don't think the number is going to increase anytime soon. I'll probably sit here until 5pm and then go home and probably come back tomorrow. Oh joy.

No comments: