Family pictures

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Dismissal!

After a lot of waiting, watching Top Gear on the laptop, blogging and anything else I could think of to waste time, I was dismissed by the defense. The case was a domestic violence one. I didn't know any of the attorneys or witnesses. Dang! I did find out that one of the other jurors was a neighbor. I think I was dismissed because when the prosecution asked if anyone had heard of the "cycle of abuse" I raised my hand. Still, though, I wasn't dismissed for a while after that. The prosecution approved the jury as it stood twice before I was let go. I almost jumped and did the happy dance when the defense said, "And we'd like to thank and dismiss juror number 11." There were some interesting moments. One guy immediately said that he had a problem with domestic violence and that he had no leniency for a guy beating on a girl. ZIP. I wonder who ended up serving? Well, I'm done for the year now. YAY! Cousins Conference starts tonight and Emily and Madelyn are gearing up for that. Spencer had his 13th birthday on Tuesday and received an underwater camera which he loves. Rich and I are still working on plans for the Rancho house and making progress. Beams and shear walls seem to be an issue lately but we have it solved now. Mormon prom is next Saturday as are volleyball tournaments for both Madelyn and Melissa. That should be a challenging weekend. Then BYU women's conference for me! YAY!! I can hardly wait!

No comments: