Family pictures

Monday, June 30, 2008

We made it to church!

We (at least I, Dana) were so happy to make it to church on Sunday. When we went in London, we were late so we missed the sacrament. In Visby, we couldn't find it despite our best efforts. So we weren't entirely sure we'd find it in Stockholm. Armed with the address and the map of the metro we set out. We had previously decided to walk the 3 miles but decided to take the metro because of time. It was all an adventure and we made it in time to hear the last of the opening prayer. There were headsets for those who didn't speak swedish so we all picked up a headset and true to the headsets in our building only about half of them worked. It was great to hear the talks but singing the music was the best. The sacrament hymn was "I Stand All Amazed" and like I said I was really grateful to be there partaking of the sacrament so I really didn't sing THAT song. I just sat there choked up. Still good though. Afterwards we spoke with these two sister missionaries both from Utah, Price and Hurricane. They were great and helped us figure out how we could get down to see the Stockholm Sweden Temple. This ward also had apair of Elders from Finland serving in it. I said something about the Youtube video of 2 Finnish young men opening their mission calls and the Sister missionary from Hurricane said that that missionary was currently serving in the mission and had gotten an investigator from the youtube video. WOW! That's pretty funny. Anyway, the rest of their meetings were sort of scattered and really casual because of summer. The best part was that they had refreshments afterwards! Yeah! Spencer was sooooo glad. Cookies after all that suffering! We then went back to the hotel, took naps (Rich & I), and then set off for the Swedish Temple. We found it with no problem then came home and it was a good day.

2 comments:

Political Duckie said...

lol!

When we go to Mexico they have headsets... except weve never used them. I was always interested how they worked. I used to think everyone giving talks would gather around an hour before sacrament and record it in another language... and then I was asked to give a talk, and no one said anything about recording, so it through my idea of how it worked out the window, lol!

:) Glad you guys made it safe. (And I stand all amazed is my very favorite... first hymn I learned to play on clarinet)

Anonymous said...

Did you remember that Aunt Barbara & mate served there in the Sweden Temple? Did you remember my story of the song "I Stand All Amazed" that I told you ? I love reading your blogs. So glad all is going well. I hope this will come up, I've been having trouble with Emily's blog comment. It sure warms my heart to hear your experiences, you guys do the important things, TOGETHER. Love & huggs. Mom & Dad