Family pictures

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Coming to a close.

As I type this the counter says I'll see Collin in 16 days and 2 hours. It's hard to believe that the two years of his mission are about to end. If it has gone by fast for you, I believe that. It has gone by fast for me too. Two years is really such a short amount of time to devote yourself to serving your fellow man. Our whole family is real excited to see Collin. Spencer even volunteered to be the youth speaker the day Collin reports in our ward just so he could sit by him on the stand! I love that. Rich and I will be attending a special testimony meeting at the mission home when we get Collin. I hope I can hold it together. I'd probably be better off if I just brought a big wad of tissues. I hear his group is quite a large one so it should be a great meeting.
I've never been to Texas. Hot, humid and flat is what I'm expecting. Great mexican food and dualy trucks everywhere. Maybe Collin will have a drawl. He's excited to see his old areas and so are we. The people have been so kind for the most part. His homecoming talk is August 22nd at 9am at our building. He's home for such a short time and then off to school he and Emily go. Life moves quickly. Enjoy it.

No comments: