Family pictures

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Waiting at Piano lessons

While I'm here waiting at piano lessons I thought I'd post an excerpt from one of Collin's letters. I think you'll enjoy it.

Hey Mom,

Thanks. It has been 13 months. It is pretty weird. it goes by so fast

and i am trying to not let it pass me by.


I really wasn't that sick. I had a fever, but i felt worse when i got

sick in quitman. I think its allergies or something. i think i am

allergic to something. My eyes are incredibly itchy, and my

nose is too. i don't know what is up. I am doing better than

when i was.


We had something really awesome today. We had the privilege

to hear from Elder Costa of the Presidency of the Seventy and

Elder M. Russell Ballard of the quorum of the 12. We were sitting

on the front row. It was sweet. He was in the area training the

mission presidents. He is truly an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ

and i could tell by the influence of the Holy Ghost. it was really

amazing.

Our investigators are doing well. We picked up a few new ones

this week. Elder Ballard told us to be bold and really commit

people. Either our message is true or it is not, and you have to

find out.


Oh, and by the way, transfers are this week and i am staying in

Plano 5th and 7th. Elder Ruby, my companion is leaving. So i will

be getting a new companion tomorrow.


I haven't heard much about football, but i am sure i will. this is

Texas after all. Pretty crazy stuff. i love you very much. Get

excited for general conference. it will be awesome.

Love,

Elder Collin Brown


No comments: