Family pictures

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's Been A Month!

Well... I looked on the dashboard and noticed that the last post was a really long time ago, so I'll just tell you all what's going on. :)
Mom and Dad are both very preoccupied with the new house and painting rooms, doing repairs, etc. Since the new house has every kind of citrus you can think of, Mom has been looking at citrus recipe books. On Sunday, we made lemon snaps (she and I) and they were really really good.
Collin continues to serve and teach on his mission. In his most recent email, he told us that he had been speeding around a corner because he had been trying to pass three cars and he got pulled over. As for me, I think he is kind of justified, since he was passing three cars and that's really hard to do at a normal speed (on a two lane highway, nonetheless). Rightly, though, Mom sent him a post card (in the style of Molly Weasley's Howlers) telling him to obey the laws and only then will the Lord protect him.
I got in to BYU, for everyone who doesn't know yet! I am very excited and have been looking at housing. I plan on participating in the Honors Program and double majoring in English and Music Composition. Also, All State Honor Choir is at the end of this month and if anyone wants to go, it's in Pasadena and I can give them more information.
Madelyn is doing volleyball and she had a tournament on Saturday. She made it into the Drama Showcase coming up with a speech by Winston Churchill. She and Spencer are starting ball kids next week, so you're sure to see a lot of posts on that by Mom.
Spencer made his school play as a character named Dusty (it's a cowboy show). He is very excited and it's kind of special, since it's hard to get in to plays as a 7th grader. He is always making noises with his voice and his hands, which makes it hard to read and stuff. He's really funny and can make everybody laugh.
Melissa is also doing volleyball and likes to bump/set/spike her volleyball in the house. She also likes to play with the neighbor's dogs a lot, causing speculation as to where she is a lot of the time. She draws a lot and today she had to take a state writing test. It was a narrative about what she would do if she were principal for a day. She said she would have a giant water party, no class all day, and free dress.
Well, I guess you're caught up for now! :)

1 comment:

sheila said...

Emily,

So we can be college buddies. I too got into BYU! I am starting back for spring term and will be finished with my bachelors next April. Yeah!! I love the way you wrote about your family. You are all so amazing ( you must get it from your mother)