Family pictures

Friday, January 16, 2009

The pick up

On Wednesday morning I witnessed something sort of interesting for me. I watched an illegal immigrant get arrested, detained or whatever you call it. I was on my morning run/walk that I do most Wednesdays and about 1/2 mile into it there were a few vehicles pulled to the side. A police car, a border patrol car and the alleged bad guy car. At the moment I ran past they had this guys hands behind his head and were handcuffing him. He was in tears. He was wearing a chef's uniform. The black pants and white jacket. He had been driving a metallic blue sporty looking car. Anyway, it was weird. I didn't want to look to close. I know that most of the time I am of the opinion that if indeed he is here illegally he knew that this scenario was possible. For a brief moment my heart went out to him. I wondered if he had a wife and kids who would be wondering where he was. I have noticed that since this economic downturn I see border patrol cars in the area more often than I ever did before. Hmm. Maybe no one wants to cross lately so they've shifted agents here. Makes me think of a scripture in the BOM in 2 Nephi 1:6. I quote,  "Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall anone come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord." 
That's interesting to me. Lehi is speaking about this land of Liberty. Makes me wonder about everybody.