Family pictures

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1 letter + 1 email = Happy Mother :)

Since I last posted Collin's email we received 1 letter and 1 email. Here are some excerpts.

This last week was pretty good, but we are starting to run out of appointments. we need more help from the ward.
general conference was really good. we went and watched it in the church building. there were a lot of really good talks. it seemed like the general message of the conference was to press forward with faith in the face of adversity. there were a lot of talks directed towards that end. In the first session, there were a couple of good ones pertaining to missionary work. they were really good too. and another thing i thought something was cool. for the priesthood session of General Conference, they had a choir from the Provo MTC. I saw a guy i knew named Matt Stevenson who was in my family home evening group at BYU and in the choir. It looked like he was going to some asian country or place because of how his name tag looked. You should look him up on one of my facebook groups and find out where he is going. I think it is BYU 50th ward missionary addresses.
Finally I would just like to say thanks to Mom. For all that she did and still does. Hiving the perseverance to bug us enough to do our chores and read our scriptures and do the duty to god award. oh, and cooking too. that helped a lot as well I don't express my feelings much, but I am really grateful and I do love you. I don't know if dad told you, but the whole priesthood session of conference was pretty much about women and how we should be more thankful and more respectful. I thought it was really neat.
I love you all very much and I hope you liked conference. I know for you younger kids, like Spencer and Melissa, it can seem extremely boring. Thats ok for now I guess. You will come to love it as you get older and grow to understand the things of the gospel more. Be good everybody. Love you all.
Love,
Elder Collin Brown


No comments: