Family pictures

Monday, February 4, 2008

Peaceful Hiking

Hiking today was quiet. I forgot to juice up the ipod so I hiked in silence. It was peaceful. Just my heavy breathing and the crunch of shoe on gravel. What I noticed the most though was the absence of people on the trail. Usually during this time of year it can get to be a freeway up there. Sometimes annoyingly so. This morning it was pretty quiet. I never passed anyone on the way up that was going up. VERY unusual. The only people I saw were coming down and they were few in number. It was beautiful there. I think it will be a beautiful wildflower season this year thanks to the rainfall. I'll post pictures if it does. Already the mountains have a green tint to them. Yeah!!!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi! Now I have an account on our blog!!!!!HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!Melissa

Melissa said...

I like having an account. I also like tipping on here.

Melissa said...

Bye!

Anonymous said...

# 4 I hope I get it right this time. I remember when,as a little girl you went around the room smelling all the flowers, Daddy's services. They said just like a honey bee. Shopping Mon., I saw some tulips,the yellow one's caught my eye,yep I said yellow it would be, Pres. Monson's favorite color. I'm looking forward to the spring time & all the wild flowers plus the ones I'll plant. I'll fill stumps, logs, buckets & whatever I can find. Yes, I know your a lover of tulips. Bye

maines said...

I miss the mountain! Last time I was on it I was dragging my lazy dog up it 7 months prego (me, not the dog). Wonder if it will be harder or easier with that load behind me in a pack then in front in my belly? I'll have to try it again soon.
-Shalaine
Hope my comment gets approved! :)

Madelyn said...

Oooo. Pretty.