Family pictures

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Curses to EFY!

We didn't get in!! For the past 2 or 3 years they have used the lottery based system. It has never proved beneficial for us. I usually have to babysit the computer and wait for a spot to open up in a session that we want and that is how we have been able to get in for the past few years. I put in for four different sessions and were chosen for none of them. The site states that they place 90% of people who sign up. How lucky I feel to always be in that other 10%! Wheee! I'll try again tomorrow for a spot somewhere but who knows? Last year a spot opened up for Emily at the last minute and we never were able to get Collin in. There has got to be a better way.
For you Jane Austen fans out there be sure to tune in/or record PBS Masterpiece Theatre for the broadcast of all of her books made into movies! Yipee! We're so excited here but bummed out that we missed "Persuasion" and "Northanger Abbey" already. Check your local PBS station for listings.
Seminary is going well for the most part. My two home study students are falling behind in their work. Then they don't want to see me. It's hard to catch up when you fall behind. I wish they'd work something out and just come. It's much more fun that way.
My best ever hiking buddy and dear friend is moving to Utah next week so for the first time in quite a few years I won't have a regular hiking buddy. Boo Hoo. I'm trying not to think about it and sort of just pretending she's on vacation or something. We team taught seminary together for 2 1/2 years and were also visiting teaching companions. We know a lot about each other. Probably my best friend since high school that wasn't related to me. I'd better juice up the ipod so I have something to listen to. It's perfect hiking weather here too.

No comments: